Things that are NIAW: #flipthescript
This year Resolve’s hashtag is #flipthescript for National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW). The hashtag is meant for those to speak out and encourage others about infertility awareness 365 days a year.
Here’s a few things that I’ve done to help #flipthescript :
- I recently attended Christy Wright’s Business Boutique that was here in Utah. I told every person that I interacted with that I sell Infertility Awareness Shirts in my Etsy shop. And it just so happened that every person I talked to knew someone who had either struggled with infertility or someone who’s miscarried.
- After a few years into our infertility journey, I made it my goal to be open about infertility. To be more open in expressing my feelings towards the disease, and how our choice of words can either build someone up or tear them down.
- I want to help stop the stigma associated with infertility, and that’s one of the reasons I opened up my Etsy Shop. To help stop people asking “so when are you gonna have kids?” to stop saying “you should just adopt” and “you should just relax.”
So this year we need to take a stand, we need to keep voicing our opinions and to help encourage others to talk about infertility. If you need some ideas on what to share here’s some great blog posts about infertility:
- Things you SHOULD say to an infertile couple
- Infertility: From His Perspective
- Tyra Banks on Fertility Struggles
- Infertility, Miscarriage and Hope
- The Upside of Infertility
What are you doing to help #flipthescript ?
P.S. Don’t forget to check out my TTC Warrior Shirt in my Etsy Shop!