Things that are NIAW: Eating Right and Exercising
Today, I’m talking about how important it is to eat right and exercise, especially while going through infertility and fertility treatments.
Undergoing fertility treatments, by injecting hormones into your body to get more eggs for an embryo transfer, can really mess up your body. Being a foster parent and/or going through the adoption process can also put you in an emotional mess with all the ups and downs. One minute you’re happy and the next you’re crying for no reason. We all love the emotional roller coaster of infertility. Not!
I’m sharing 6 things you can do this week to get you started on your path to healthier living:
• Remember that exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins help you to be happier. Like the quote from Legally Blonde: “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands…” – Elle Woods
• Walking is a great low impact activity. It can calm the mind, burn calories, and help you feel better. You don’t need to run or do cross fit to feel better – because those activities are usually banned during IVF.
• Eating healthy teaches our brain that we value our bodies and want to treat them with respect. It does come with a price, a lot of the things we should be eating are a little higher priced on the shelf. Even switching one food choice to a healthier option can be beneficial.
• Shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Most of the items in the middle are processed foods. Processed foods we typically need to avoid because they have a LOT of bad stuff in them.
• The best way to get the best nutrients from fruits and vegetables are first fresh, then frozen, then canned. If you can buy organic then great! But don’t break the bank, it’s not worth it to over spend on food. and #letsbereal most of our money goes towards treatments anyways…
• Pick one thing and start doing it. Just one. Don’t be overwhelmed with everything and everyone’s opinion. Because, how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time.