2019 is here, and my goals for the year.
Have you set your 2019 goals for the year?
Can I be honest with you? I really hate the word resolution. Because resolutions are decisions made to do or not do something. Whereas goals are something to work for, they are achievable.
But both tend to be forgotten in the coming months. Why does that happen?
It happens because we set huge goals and expectations and then we can’t fully commit, and keep at it when life hits the skid. Because #letsbereal it will hit the skid, you just have to be prepared for it.
Each year I set goals. I try to be very mindful of what my goals are and not just say “I’m going to lose 15 pounds,” or “I’m going to eat healthy.”
This year, I’m going to put my fitness goals in a place where I tend to see them most often.
- Strength Training at least 3 times a week. I have already been doing this with some women in my neighborhood with an athletic trainer down at BYU. It’s fun and hard, and it’s been a great accountability for me.
- Run or walk at least twice a week. After my Thankful 13 race, I haven’t really been feeling like running. Which is sad, but that’s why I put run or walk. I just need to keep up with my miles, and that includes walking.
- Learn how to better track my macros and find recipes (not boring ones, bleh) that are easy to track.
- Do my exercises my PT gave me for my Diastasis Recti once a week. They take about 15 minutes to do (total), but I really think it’ll help my abs heal.
- Read 5 books for improvement this year.
- Be in the here and now, and not spend so much time on my phone. With the new iPhone update it gives you a weekly screen time, and mine’s been around 5 hours total per day (I also use my phone to watch Kason on his baby crib cam). I would like to get it down a lot lower.
- Unfortunately we fell back into debt, and took out a loan to pay for a new Furnace and AC Unit. So our main financial goal for this year is to pay that off, and to save up our 3-6 month emergency fund. We should be able to get that paid off and saved up by the end of the year.
Do you have goals for this year?
P.S. Don’t forget to check out my Etsy Shop. I’ve got more designs planned out for 2019 and I can’t wait to share them with you!