What we were doing when we got pregnant with miracle baby #2
Back in June, Chase and I had our first NaPro appointment.
My cycle started June 29, so I got necessary blood work that was requested from our previous appointment, and I was tracking my cycles LH surge and using progesterone cream (link below). All the while, Chase got a semen analysis done mid July.
**This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission on any purchases made through these links. You can read my disclosure here.
We got our results back and everything was normal on my end, and the NaPro doctor wanted to see Chase to talk about his sperm count issues. And at the end of July we found out we were pregnant. Which completely surprised us.
In all honesty, I wasn’t expecting to get pregnant so quickly. It took us over 7 years to get pregnant with Kason, why would it be any different moving forward, but God has had other plans.
I wanted to share what we were doing 3 months before I got pregnant (March-June), to help egg and sperm quality. My hope is that this will hopefully spark something for someone who is in the midst of infertility.
Here’s what we were doing over the course of the 3 months prior.
- From January on, Chase was taking Zinc daily to help with his sperm count. Though, we can see that it wasn’t making any difference from his semen analysis in July.
- In March/April I got Mercier Therapy done which is a deep pelvic massage, and I believed it was really beneficial to clearing out endometriosis and scar tissue from my pregnancy with Kason.
- After my first appointment with Kelsey she suggested a bunch of different supplements (that I’ve listed below). I was also drinking fertilitea, twice a day.
- I did caster oil packs before/after Mercier appointments, and then continued them at least once a month.
- I was eating the same, by trying to eat more healthily and limiting my carbs, though I wasn’t tracking consistently.
- Chase started walking to get in at least 6,000 steps per day, and started eating more, because he found he wasn’t eating enough calories in a day.
- I was strength training 3 days a week. Which meant I was lifting heavy weights (the most weight on a squat was 135lbs). I was using this training plan.
- I stopped running in June due to an ankle injury, but started hiking more to prepare for a huge 3 day hike we were going to do the end of August. So I wasn’t doing any high impact activities, but I was getting my heart rate up still.
- I saw a new chiropractor who does sound correction vs the snap/crackle/pop of the typical chiropractor.
- Wore socks to bed every night to regulate my body temperature.
- I tried really hard to drink 1/2 my body weight in water every single day. I didn’t get it every day, but I at least made an effort, and still do.
The supplements I was on during March-June:
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Pregnancy Prep
- Maternal Symmetry
- Wobenzyme Plus
- Fertili- Tea
- Maca Root
- CoQ10 400mg
- Using Progesterone cream after getting a positive LH Surge
- Caster Oil Packs (not during my period). You can read more about them here.
**Just a little disclaimer, that I’m not a fertility expert so please don’t take what I did to mean that it will 100% work for you. I am only offering up suggestions for someone who is on their infertility journey.
P.S. Be sure to check out my Etsy Shop!