My Top 10 Tips to Pay for IVF
So you just got told that you are starting IVF, and the clinic tells you how much it’s going to cost. You are probably thinking “how am I going to pay for this?” Well I’m sharing my top 10 tips to help pay for IVF.
1. Look at your finances, what are you spending each month. How much are you paying on your car payment(s)? Are there other areas that you can cut? Maybe not go out to eat as much? There usually is always something you can cut from your budget to help put towards your IVF fund.
3. If you have multiple fertility clinics in your area, talk to a few different fertility clinics and ask how much they charge for IVF, for ICSI, for Embryo Storage, etc. Figure out what is the cheapest option for you. Also check out FertilityIQ to see how your doctor measures up! They are a great resource.
4.Hold a garage sale fundraiser. Get your family, friends, and neighbors to start going through stuff to give to you to sell.
5. Hold a silent auction on Facebook. Talk to friends who have businesses and small shops to ask for donations to help, or friends/family who are great at making items to auction off.
6. Apply for fertility treatment grants. There are several throughout the country that you can apply for. For example: Footsteps for Fertility, Bundled Blessings, The Hope for Fertility Foundation, Baby Quest, The Cade Foundation, to name a few.
7. Create a cookbook of family/friends favorite recipes to sell at your garage sale or online. Everyone loves new ideas for cooking meals.
8. Put together a puzzle piece donation. Buy a puzzle, set a donation price per piece and put the name of everyone who donates on the back of each piece as a way to remember who helped build your family.
9. Get a second job. This isn’t something that is ideal, but if you can save up what you need in a matter of months by banking all that money from the second job, it would definitely be worth it.
10. Hold a 5k walk/run. You could reach out to a few race directors and see if they would be willing to donate a portion of the proceeds to help with building your family. Or take several months to plan and hold your own 5k run. Be sure to reach out to your local running stores to get the word out.
Let me know in the comments how you paid for IVF, or adoption!
Do you have other ideas that have helped you raise money? I wanna know! Leave me a comment!